2016-17 Week 17 BELOW (In Progress)
|Team||BELOW||ExpWin%||Pts/GP %||Pts (Max)|
Friday night’s results:
- Michigan Tech (5-2, including an ENG) defeated Alabama-Huntsville. Tech moves to BELOW 1738, Huntsville drops to 1359.
- Bowling Green (3-2, OT) defeated Ferris State.
- Minnesota State (4-2) defeated Lake Superior.
This firms up the playoff picture a bit:
- Bemidji State has clinched home ice in the playoffs with the Lake Superior loss. If Ferris State takes any points from the Falcons tonight, the Beavers will have third clinched.
- Michigan Tech has clinched a playoff berth, as none of Alabama-Huntsville, Alaska-Anchorage nor Northern Michigan can pace the Huskies. The Huskies can finish no worse than 7th, and if the results tonight are like last night’s, the Huskies will finish no worse than fifth.
- Bowling Green leads Ferris State 2-0-0-1 in the A tiebreaker between the two teams. If the Falcons pick up any points tonight, they win at A in a tie with the Bulldogs.
- The same is true of Minnesota State and Lake Superior — if the Mavs pick up any points, they win any (improbable) tiebreakers.
- Michigan Tech has won the A tiebreaker over Alabama-Huntsville, though this scenario has no relevance.
Some folks have asked for Saturday predictions, but I ran into script-writing problems. Maybe for next week.