My name is Geof Morris. I am a degreed aerospace engineer (The University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2002) and an MSE candidate, also at UAH, in Engineering Management / Industrial Engineering. As you can see, I am a nerd.
I think that I just must be excited at UAH actually having a postseason to play for. The 2013-14 opportunity was never in the cards for us, but I knew that we could always play the spoiler. Thus began my obsession with the playoff race. Early on, I let it take over UAHHockey.com, but I eventually decided that was unfair.
My obsession doesn’t end in early March. I have plans for the offseason:
- Web-based visualization!
- 1,000,000-run simulations!
- Run-your-own 1,000-run simulations!
- Better modeling using KRACH for expected values!
- Comparison modeling for forward predictions!
- More enthusiasm and exclamation points!
Thanks for following along.